Monday, March 25, 2013

Day 287: The Value of Life = Money?





As we exchanged opinions on Quora, it became clear we don't understand, perceive or share the principle that All Life has Equal Worth.

What is the system that we have used so far to establish the value of Life?
Is there one we are not aware of that we have just internalized and now we can't see anymore clearly and so we are not aware of what we are using as the measure for the worth of Life?
Sure there is, it's Money.

I have a vague memory of being real young and discovering that insurance companies would not pay up the same price for Life policies of different people, I don't remember this point striking me as odd, on the contrary, I remember that when my mum explained to me the WHY as in 'if the person that dies was a doctor, the insurance would pay more due to what we would call 'Loss of potential Earnings' and that would be calculated on a Life time earnings that had been missed out on due to death'.
It made perfect sense. Which means that I had already internalized the value of human life equivalent to Money or to Money earning potential. (Ogden Tables - how insurances evaluate the worth of a Life)

So back a few more years, I am in kindergarten and my mum bought a black and white TV for my school, I received public recognition and an applause, that felt damn good, so it could have been then that I made this connection - giving something to people that I can Buy will give me value as recognition of generosity and of a good character, hence I developed a liking for giving, not devoid of self interest of course, I would be cashing in the good feelings coming from the gratefulness and happiness of others.

Same time more or less, my grandparents always insisting in buying me the 'best available in any shop', watching the shop attendants scuttle around to please them, equating buying power with power and people with more buying power to MORE, desiring to have more buying power than others to be able to access this more-ness to compensate for sure my not-enough-ness.

Special events spent at my grandparents home, display of treats as special food that was not available in my mother's home, more 'joy' due to drinking and overeating, connecting joy to having more to share with others, being the bringer of treats and special foods to a table to make people happy, money as a way to induce good feelings in people, the ones with more money able to induce more good feelings in others, bringers of joy and as such more valuable than the poor that had nothing to add to the life of another in terms of things, defining the worth of life through the worth of things one is able to afford and share.




I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to believe that I was not enough and I had to find ways to up my worth by subscribing to an external value/worth system, such as the Money system

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to believe and subscribe to the belief that some lives are worth more than others just because insurance companies have set up tables defining the value of life as 'potential missed earnings' which means according to the profession and relative remuneration of each one, vs an Equal Value of Life for All, seeing, realizing and understanding that life can't be and should not be defined by the potential to earn money.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to fail to notice that, if the worth of a Life was connected to the ability to earn Money, Life itself was tied into a monetary value/worth, and within this I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that Money is what we are worth and that our capacity/ability to generate a wage is what gave meaning and value to our life, which is why I still meet with people who hold this belief as a reminder that this belief exists one and Equal within me and is in need to be corrected and realigned to Oneness and Equality returning worth and value to Life itself.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to define the value of life as more or less according to what one can BUY for another, instead of seeing and realizing that the whole point of some being able to buy something for someone who doesn't have access to the same benefit, is just a sign of unequal distribution of resources and of value tied in to money/resources and that we should work together to change the distribution of resources to Equality and not benefit from having more than others as a way to have more value/power than any other in the world

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to, when I was a kid and I was catered for by shop assistants who could assess at a glance my grandparents buying power, to feel special and more than others who did not have access to the same "Best" I had access to, and within this for desiring to keep this "Best" advantage going for myself as a way to be more than others in value/worth

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to fear that if I would have to ever swap place with those who had less, I would have to feel diminished by having to accept the charity of others who were in a position of superior buying power than the one I had, because I diminished others inside of me when I could find out they did not have my same buying power as I did not recognize the value of Life as One and Equal for All but connected to what one could afford to show their value/worth

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to connect the worth of Life with what kind of table displays I could set up and share with others as a statement of my superior value/worth as I have accepted and allowed myself to connect fancy table displays of my grandparents with joy and happiness due to overeating and over drinking, and within this I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to desire to have more value and worth than others in being the dispenser of such happy moments that others could not offer to me due to our discrepancy in access to food choices due to Money Inequality



I commit myself to, when I come face to face with others who hold a specific Life/Money conversion table, to investigate within myself how and if I am participating in the same constructs and if I am, to correct myself to let go my acquired beliefs, opinions and ideas about what makes a Life worthy, to return to Life its own intrinsic Value that I misplaced on things and symbols in separation from myself as Life

I commit myself to investigate the points in which I still perceive I give myself a superior value using things and symbols in separation from myself and when I find any, to self correct myself to realign to Oneness and Equality and what is best for All

I commit myself to stand unconditionally for an Equal Money System to create a world of Equals where Life is the only Value we all Equally share to guarantee a dignified Life for All and the end of all abuses and crimes against Life to ensure that those born after us won't have to face such a world where Life has gone on sale for the imaginary value of a make belief Monetary System as the Key to the Vital resources we should all Equally share.

Heaven on Earth for All is possible - we  just have to decide to change and change the world with us, as us - after death we'll be dead, and so far there have been zero intervention from the other side, what if the power to change existed only within The Physical while we are Alive? Should we wait to die to find out?

No comments:

Post a Comment